- At Preschool at The Fount we use environmentally safe and non-toxic cleaning products whenever possible.
- When necessary we use the least-toxic disinfecting and sanitizing products.
- When disinfectants and sanitizers are required, they are used only for their intended purpose and in strict accordance with all label instructions.
- We use chlorine bleach only when and where it is required or recommended by state and local authorities. It is used cautiously and conservatively and never when students are present.
- Our classrooms are vacuumed and cleaned daily and the trash is taken out every evening.
- We do not use aerosol sprays of any kind in the classroom when children are present.
- Our art supplies are non-toxic and child safe.
- We strive to recycle paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum and plastic bottles.
- If we need to spray for pests, information will be posted 24 hours in advance and left up for 72 hours after the treatment. Parents have the option to be notified 72 hours in advance by written letter.
- The pesticides used at Preschool at The Fount are in compliance with the Healthy Schools Act.
contact/coordinator: Coleen Kaae