As the state and federal governments begin to loosen the restrictions on commerce and gatherings, the question naturally comes up, When will we be able to gather, physically, at The Fount again?
There are so many factors to consider:
- What is allowable?
- What is safe?
- What kind of precautions do we need to enact?
- Can we welcome everyone, or just a few?
- How will it affect our worship life?
I want you to know that all of these factors, and many more, will go into whatever decision is made to re-open the campus of The Fount for our worship, meeting and ministry activities as well as those of our sibling congregations La Cima and VECFV. As such, I have called together a task force made up of representatives from all three congregations, our staff and the Welcome Home team to pray together, study the matter and consider our options. Our first meeting will be this Saturday at 10:00 am on Zoom. Your prayers and suggestions are welcome.
But I want to assure you, that we will NOT re-open until I feel the precautions in place will protect our congregation from undue risk. And, of course, each of us will need to make our own decisions for our own health and safety. We will continue to offer online ministries even after we officially re-open, so those who are especially concerned and/or vulnerable can always worship and meet with us online. The opportunities that have opened up for us as a church doing online ministry has convinced me that even when we are fully open on-campus, we have a new and a very important “parish” online!
Feel free to share your thoughts with me on this. And let me know if there is anything I can do for you. My email address is email@example.com.
Be well, be safe, and be blessed!